Radioworld.ca
Front Harbour Marine Strictly Fish N Tackle

Author Topic: N.S.B.C.C.  (Read 995 times)

Offline kingfisher1

• Yearling
N.S.B.C.C.
« on: August 27, 2008, 03:28:51 PM »
When is the N.S.B.C.C going to be held and where? Im looking forward to going again and defending the plaque again this year.
                                                                          Scott N

Offline Cody

• Administrator
  • Super Bass
    • CodyLohnes.com
Re: N.S.B.C.C.
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 03:37:30 PM »
September 28th, Pernette Lake

As far as i know
Cody Lohnes, CPA CA
Grant Thornton LLP
President - South Shore Bassmasters

Nova Scotia Bass Forums

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 03:37:30 PM »

Offline kingfisher1

• Yearling
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 04:46:49 PM »
 I hope not ! We have a 2 day torny on that date. This N.S.B.C.C is for all clobs in N.S. RIGHT ?

Offline Cody

• Administrator
  • Super Bass
    • CodyLohnes.com
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 11:46:27 PM »
Yes it is Scott,

But... Mark has scheduled NSBCC on this weekend ever since it started!
Cody Lohnes, CPA CA
Grant Thornton LLP

Offline kingfisher1

• Yearling
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 01:48:41 AM »
October 10th 2004 ,october 9th 2005, september 30th 2006, september 30th 2007, none of which was on a tournament date.
He always worked around all the clubs. I would just like to go thats all.

Offline Cody

• Administrator
  • Super Bass
    • CodyLohnes.com
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 07:01:48 AM »
my apologies scott, i thought it was that weekend from the start, i guess i just thought that as the last two years have been that weekend.
Cody Lohnes, CPA CA
Grant Thornton LLP

Offline Mark Weare

• Administrator
  • Super Bass
  • A man just needs to go fishing!!
    • Mark Weare Fishing Site
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 05:42:19 PM »
When we ran the first two in October but the strong complaint was Thanksgiving so we made it clear that we would always run that last weekend in September. We did that in the last two years successfully and kept telling everyone we would do so. LSBC booked a two day event for that weekend this year which in 06 and 07 was only a single day event sop there is a very unfortunate conflict.

We are very fair and we definitely looked at other dates but found other issues that caused problems:

Oct 4th is your classic
Oct 5th is and SSBM event that booked around the 28th at our request.
October 11th and 12th is Thanksgiving day weekend and that has been an issue in the past.
October 12th is an event down your way.
October 18th and 19th is an ECBD event.
After that is good hunting and spotty fishing plus I will be away again for business in Vegas. I need to be there this year to help Tremayne and to ensure the jackets etc get done right and quickly as that has lapsed the last few times without my assistance.

It is impossible to please everyone, we tried that last year by making several last minute changes and we got burned badly.

Still open to reasonable suggestions but I have clearly laid out the problem as it stands today.

Regards,
Mark

The First Cast Radio Show www.thefirstcast.com or download from iTunes podcasts

Offline kingfisher1

• Yearling
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 03:29:35 PM »
   On Oct. 11th  at least it gives ALL clubs a chance to go. If 1 or 2 teams can't make it, then it's their choice at least on that dayAll clubs and teams have a choice to go or not to go.  Sept 28th is taking out a whole club. That to me is fair to everybody. I will see you at the E.C.B.D. on the weekend.

Offline Leigh Weare

• Super Bass
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2008, 03:45:34 AM »
Heres a question.  Why didn't teams from the western part of the province go to Porter's Lake tournament for NSBCC?  Correct me if I'm wrong but there wasn't any other tourney that day.

Offline Mark Weare

• Administrator
  • Super Bass
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2008, 08:21:02 PM »
All I can do at this point is talk to Tremayne and the other clubs to see what they say Scott, they may let us change it, we'll have to see but if not then it will have to happen on the original date selected.

Sorry, won't see you at the ECBD, like I've said I have a big new contract I am trying to lock up to grow my business and I have just had a meeting today (Sat.) regarding that so there was no way I could attend in Yarmouth just for tomorrw only. Plus I will also be in the US for a week leading up to the SSBM event taking new product training sessions for this new contract. If my schedule sticks and I drive non-stop back home I will make it back to Bridgewater long enough to get the boat etc and head to the Ten Mile event.

Good luck to everyone though in Yarmouth for the ECBD, hope Kevin gets a good turn-out there given all of his dedicated efforts.

Mark

Offline kingfisher1

• Yearling
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2008, 12:44:01 AM »
  Thanks Mark thats all I can ask. And Leigh our classic was that weekend and nobody wanted to drive up in the morning and back that night and theres one team that won't come till they get there jackets that they still dont have after two years. I would of come if 1 or 2 more teams would of come from L.S.B.C..

Offline Mark Weare

• Administrator
  • Super Bass
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 04:48:09 AM »
Never really saw your jacket comment at first Scott but like I have said previously, the jackets have been bought and will be embroidered and or stenciled this month as I have a large uniform order etc being worked on and it will be in there with my business order. With my attendance this year I was going to clean up the past jacket issues and hand them all out at once. BTW I have Ian listed as a 2XL and Cecil as an XL size. As well, we have changed the jacket policy completely, effective this year the winners will be given a coupon for a prepaid jacket from a local business here, after that they need only to call the shop and specify the size, the jackets will then be available automatically.

Seems to be a missed point here but this event is for the fun of the clubs and one that has for last couple events been paid for exclusively by Tremayne Nauss and Mark Weare only. We cover all expenses personally including trophies, jackets, weigh-in materials etc. It may not be as smooth as needed but it is still down home fun for NS bass anglers.

Now, I have been courteous and spoke to the other clubs and Tremayne, the date of September 28th was released in the spring as was the lake name. Also, we have been saying since 2006 we would always hit that last Sunday in September so the date stays the same for this year Scotty. Sorry as I know that will cause issue with you guys but we have the other clubs who already booked around it and I was against it no matter which way I went so not changing it seemed like less problems.

I can also let you know right now that we'll be hosting the event next year in Yarmouth again and that date will be September the 27th, I will release the lake name as soon as I see which lakes are possibly open after LSBC sets their 09 schedule.

Hope you understand my point and I wish the LSBC guys all the best in their two day event. If some teams are able to attend we welcome you as always.

Best Regards,
Mark Weare

Offline kingfisher1

• Yearling
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2008, 12:34:12 AM »
    OK Mark have fun.

Better get Maaco Hanley Marine - Nova Scotia's High Performance Dealer