Radioworld.ca
Front Harbour Marine Strictly Fish N Tackle

Author Topic: Continuing Efforts  (Read 1146 times)

Offline Mark Weare

• Administrator
  • Super Bass
  • A man just needs to go fishing!!
    • Mark Weare Fishing Site
Continuing Efforts
« on: December 22, 2011, 06:53:24 PM »
RBANS has been very busy working with other groups, with government officials and other industry players trying to address the issue surrounding live fish possession while engaged in the act of angling itself. There have been numerous emails, several meetings throughout the province and a lot of discussion with officials etc. This task has been very large thus far and has frankly, taken up a vast amount of my time and personal resources. That all being said, I am posting here today a link to a recent letter written by RBANS to officials re this topic.

http://www.markweare.com/holder/Response%20to%20CASA%20-%20RBANS%20Additions-Approach.pdf

NS bass anglers, I cannot stress the extreme importance of being involved in this matter, I cannot put into the words the importance of getting off of your proverbial butts and helping out. Today is the day to join RBANS and make sure our voice is as loud as it can be. Arm chair warriors are not what we need now, we need a collective and united voice putting forth those ideas we see as important to bass angling in Nova Scotia.

Join RBANS, join CASA but please ensure that you offer the support where it is needed so that we can do our job as efficiently as possible.

The First Cast Radio Show www.thefirstcast.com or download from iTunes podcasts

Offline scottw

• Super Bass
Re: Continuing Efforts
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 08:58:25 PM »
Hey Mark, very good letter!  It reflects what bass fisherman feel is a fair solution to the current issues.
As Mark has pointed out, politicians listen to numbers.  Join RBANS or/and CASA.  The influence is much great than you realize.
It could help preserve the sport that we love!  : fishing1 : : fishing1 : : fishing1 :
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 03:48:04 AM by scottw »
2011 Stratos 186XT
2011 Mercury Optimax 115
Lowrance Electronics
MK Talon
Team Wilson.... Sponsored by Belliveau-Veinotte CPA Inc.

Offline shaybag

• Super Bass
    • BINNACLE.COM
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 09:17:15 PM »
Well said Mark

Offline Gary Josey

• Administrator
  • Super Bass
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 11:51:28 PM »

As usual Mark.......Bang On!   :thumbsup:

Bill Roy

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 03:02:51 AM »
Very well written and to the point! :thumbsup:

Offline trdc17

• Smallmouth
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 12:18:31 AM »
Very well written Mark!! Great job! Lets hope the powers to be well actually listen and make the necessary changes....

Better get Maaco Hanley Marine - Nova Scotia's High Performance Dealer