Radioworld.ca
Front Harbour Marine Strictly Fish N Tackle

Author Topic: Mush results and post updated standings  (Read 676 times)

Offline Cody

• Administrator
  • Super Bass
    • CodyLohnes.com
Mush results and post updated standings
« on: July 07, 2014, 02:34:48 AM »
See attached
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 11:44:29 PM by Cody »
Cody Lohnes, CPA CA
Grant Thornton LLP
President - South Shore Bassmasters

Offline carfixer

• Hawg
Re: Mush results and post updated standings
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 03:02:50 AM »
WOW!! nice bag of fish, almost 4lb average. I bet you wish for more early July hurricanes. Congrats!

Nova Scotia Bass Forums

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 03:02:50 AM »

Offline fishing fanatic

• Super Bass
    • www.fishingfanatic.ca
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 03:13:16 AM »
Very impressive 5 fish limit indeed. Congrats to Cody and Rob. Must have been an amazing sight to see with those fish in the livewell.

Offline J.P.

• Hawg
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 04:49:34 AM »
 Awesome bag of fish guys ! Looks like a new N.S. record !!

Offline Gerry LaPierre

• Yearling
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 04:54:10 AM »
Congrats  Rob and Cody...... That was enough to win three tournaments.  Great turn out by all.....27 boats.

Offline E_Halfyard

• Hawg
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 05:56:16 AM »
Unbelievable. What an awesome bag of fish. Congratulations on the new record and a phenomenal day. Surely there's some pictures of that!

Offline Cody

• Administrator
  • Super Bass
    • CodyLohnes.com
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 05:28:11 PM »
Thanks guys! It was an amazing day, the most enjoyable day of fishing I've had in a tournament hands down.  :happy dance:

On another note, I see a few errors at the bottom of the Mush results which will effect the standings slightly as well. I will update these tonight.
Cody Lohnes, CPA CA
Grant Thornton LLP

Offline Cody

• Administrator
  • Super Bass
    • CodyLohnes.com
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2014, 11:45:26 PM »
slight changes have been made to the stats
Cody Lohnes, CPA CA
Grant Thornton LLP

Offline scottw

• Super Bass
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2014, 03:15:01 AM »
Unbelievable catch by Cody and Rob!!
If I caught a bag like that, I'd be doing the "happy dance" on the boat as well.
When Paul and I saw Cody land a big one around 10:00, we thought "boy, he's in a great mood after catching that big one".  We didn't realize at the time that it was their FIFTH big bass.

Edit: I would have commented sooner on these great results, but my internet and cable JUST came back on. Still no power. :BangHead:
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 03:22:18 AM by scottw »
2011 Stratos 186XT
2011 Mercury Optimax 115
Lowrance Electronics
MK Talon
Team Wilson.... Sponsored by Belliveau-Veinotte CPA Inc.

Offline fishing fanatic

• Super Bass
    • www.fishingfanatic.ca
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2014, 04:28:45 AM »
I was wondering if the fish were all caught early, consistently throughout the day or all near the end of the day. I have to wonder what would be going though ones mind when 5 big fish like that are in the livewell that early on?  At what weight amount do you feel 100% confident that your going to win? Or do you still keep plugging away until the end of the day hoping to upgrade your limit even more ?  lol. I would like to say that if I had almost 20 lbs in the livewell by 10am I would do my best "2007 Lake Champlain Timmy Horton impersonation" and go to the launch site and order a pizza to be delivered and chill out the rest of the day tied to the dock. Lol. But honestly, I would most likely continue to keep fishing until the very end in hopes of upgrading the limit and always having the fear of another team doing just as good and beating me by ounces. Lol

Feel free to share your thoughts going though your head on this amazing tournament day Cody.  Once again, congrats on a very impressive bag of fish.  :notworthy:   The bar is now set higher than ever with a team wanting to be the first with a 20 lb limit of NS smallies. 

Offline Mike LaPierre

• Super Bass
    • Tackle Dudes
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2014, 04:32:26 AM »
Congrats guys great sack.  Where are the pictures?  Surely someone must have taken a pic or two.

Mike

Offline Cody

• Administrator
  • Super Bass
    • CodyLohnes.com
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2014, 05:28:10 AM »
Chris,

Believe it or not, I culled a fish at around 1pm and improved our weight by about a quarter of a pound. Although we did have the majority of the bag by around 10am, we did keep catching fish. We think we threw back around 9lbs. Somewhere in the back of my mind I was worried that someone else was having a similar day. The big kicker was knowing we had the record bag, but not being anywhere near confident that we had the lunker of the tournament. As most know, Mush is known to kick out a high 4 in tournaments, last year a 4.82 was lunker. Therefore, I was a bit worried during the day that we may have had a record bag but didn't take lunker. Luckily we did so that made the day complete!

When I boated the 5th one, Robby said, we must have 16 or 17lbs. I got pretty excited just at that notion thinking we were close to the record.

We went to an area shortly after to weigh the fish, the first one I pulled out was 4.25lb. We both knew then and there that we were no where near 16, or even 17, given I had two more fish bigger than that in the livewell yet. I never laughed so much in my life weighing those fish, I could barely catch my breath watching the scale light up to 4.25lb and then 4.5lb twice. It was truly a feeling i'll never forget.

Obviously Rob and I have had a similar bag in Quebec, but to do this in home waters and know what a feat it is to do it was very special. I joked with Rob that I was going to tell Ben that the B1 should be hosted on Big Mushamush Lake next year.

I knew, and others will say the same, that it was only a matter of time before Mush kicked out the provincial record bag. Not long ago the late Mr. Hiltz himself brought in close to 16lbs on Mush. The weights in the last few years have been disappointing though due to weather and time of year conditions and it was getting quite disappointing for the club, we were hoping the earlier tournament this year would help and I think it has.

I didn't expect that the 17.26lb bag would get broken for a long time, and I suppose it has been a while. I hope we are in the books for a while but at the end of the day records are made to be broken and its only a matter of time before another team has a once in a lifetime day on the lake.

Thanks everyone for all the positive support, definitely makes it that much better when you have a province of bass anglers and friends to share it with and that are just as pumped as we are about it!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 03:18:32 PM by Cody »
Cody Lohnes, CPA CA
Grant Thornton LLP

Offline fishing fanatic

• Super Bass
    • www.fishingfanatic.ca
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2014, 12:07:52 PM »
Cody, thanks for sharing some of the details and emotions of an awesome day of fishing.  #mindblown  :thumbsup:

Offline jsawler

• Super Bass
  • 02,xpress x19 , 200 yamaha
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2014, 04:54:00 PM »
just got my internet back too ! so now is my chance to give a big ol ''whoot whoot'' :icon_thumleft:  :icon_thumright: both thumbs up to the pair of ya ! I've had a couple days in my life with weights like that. but on a small basically private lake in the spring. not a public impoundment , and definantely not in a tournament !!!

I'd actually like to congradulate all top 3 teams. they all had good weights !  :headbang:
blade boy

Offline Jason Woolridge

• Hawg
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2014, 06:59:32 PM »
Fantastic guys! Truely an amazing day to remember...Fishing is fun and those special days are well deserved.

Better get Maaco Hanley Marine - Nova Scotia's High Performance Dealer