Radioworld.ca
Front Harbour Marine Strictly Fish N Tackle

Author Topic: Aug. 14th Tournament at 10 Mile Lake Has Been Changed to Molega  (Read 391 times)

Offline scottw

• Super Bass
Due to the abysmal water conditions, the tourney will be at Molega. I've copied and pasted Cody's message below.

Good Morning SSBM,

I am emailing to confirm that we have made the change from Ten Mile Lake to Molega Lake for our August 14th tournament.

There were several issues with having the tournament on Ten Mile lake, a few of those listed below. This decision did not come easy, however, ultimately every one of the members who responded were either for the change or were open to the change. More importantly, we did have more than one boat suggest that they were not planning to fish Ten Mile for those very reasons.
To reiterate, we want to maintain safety for our anglers and their gear in our tournaments, as well as ensure we maintain the integrity of our tournaments from a competitive fishing standpoint.
I would like to ask all members to help in advertising this change to other members, contacts and/or current advertising locations so that no one shows up at Ten Mile on the morning of August 14th.
I will send out another email prior to the August 14th tournament as a reminder as well as some other pre-tournament reminders.
Thanks again folks and I hope to see many of you out this weekend at the annual Atlantic Bass Open on Ponhook Lake. Pre-tournament meeting for this event starts at 7pm Friday night.

-Cody

2011 Stratos 186XT
2011 Mercury Optimax 115
Lowrance Electronics
MK Talon
Team Wilson.... Sponsored by Belliveau-Veinotte CPA Inc.

Offline Leigh Weare

• Super Bass
Re: Aug. 14th Tournament at 10 Mile Lake Has Been Changed to Molega
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 12:35:50 AM »
So I assume someone checked the launch and it's perfectly fine to load/unload our boats there??

Nova Scotia Bass Forums

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 12:35:50 AM »

Offline scottw

• Super Bass
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 03:19:13 AM »
So I assume someone checked the launch and it's perfectly fine to load/unload our boats there??
Checked it last night, it was down about a foot from the last tourney, but still looked okay.  Hopefully it won't get any lower than it is now, or we get some rain.
It will be tighter for boat parking as the finger of water is narrower, but any boat parking will be better than 10 Mile, which currently has a safe boat parking number totaling zero. The water is so shallow that it's even hard to get a big boat to the sandy spot near the weigh-in site, and the rest is a rock pile.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 03:24:26 AM by scottw »
2011 Stratos 186XT
2011 Mercury Optimax 115
Lowrance Electronics
MK Talon
Team Wilson.... Sponsored by Belliveau-Veinotte CPA Inc.

Better get Maaco Hanley Marine - Nova Scotia's High Performance Dealer