Author Topic: NSBCC  (Read 387 times)

Offline Mark Weare

• Administrator
  • Super Bass
  • A man just needs to go fishing!!
    • Mark Weare Fishing Site
NSBCC
« on: January 18, 2017, 11:20:17 PM »
As work loads continue to grow for myself and frankly, life changes, I have to step away from the NSBCC event. It has ran successfully for 13 years since I first created the idea, although it has evolved well and is always well attended by folks looking for some late season fun, it is just one more project that I find very hard to pull off each year. With that said, I do not plan on holding the event this year, due to be held in the Yarmouth region. However, with it only being January, there is lots of time remaining for someone to step up and run this annual event. If you care to take over those reigns, please let me know and I will gladly share with you what I can to help you succeed.

Thanks to everyone for supporting this event so well over the last 13 years, it has been a lot fun and I will miss it.

Best Regards,
Mark Weare

The First Cast Radio Show www.thefirstcast.com or download from iTunes podcasts

Offline scottw

• Super Bass
Re: NSBCC
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 10:04:41 AM »
Just as a refresher, what is needed to put this on, other than the obvious that the local club would do anyway, like the weigh-in, etc.
Trophies, jackets, what else is needed?
2011 Stratos 186XT
2011 Mercury Optimax 115
Lowrance Electronics
MK Talon
Team Wilson.... Sponsored by Belliveau-Veinotte CPA Inc.

Offline Mark Weare

• Administrator
  • Super Bass
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 01:02:57 PM »
TIME :)

On a few occasions, the local club have weighed etc but I've always hauled the gear there and weighed etc. The usual tournament stuff, registrations, separate the prizes, weigh-in, stats, order and pick up trophies, get pictures, update site, order and get jackets (which is the one thing I have not done yet), embroider jackets. Plan a date, answer usual questions, travel to all four areas of the province, work with the local club to ensure a free date and lake. For me this always takes place within days of coming back from B1 etc too.

The folks enjoy it, it is fun but I am just pulled in too many directions with very limited free time. Between events, meetings, shows and similar, I spend my limited free time helping or promoting fishing, very little fishing for me in recent years outside of trips to B1 etc.

Offline scottw

• Super Bass
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 12:59:30 AM »
Hopefully this tournament will continue.
The individual clubs should be able to plan and carry out the tournament.
Mark, I take it you were sponsoring the trophies and jackets? Each club may be able to find a sponsor for the tourney to pay for these things.
2011 Stratos 186XT
2011 Mercury Optimax 115
Lowrance Electronics
MK Talon

Offline mallard

• Smallmouth
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 06:43:20 PM »
I look forward to the NSBCC each fall. I would definitely assist in keeping it going. If each club could organize it when it is in their area, I would do it down here and I'm sure I would have help. Is there any insurance for the event?

Offline Howard Martell

• Yearling
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 11:39:42 AM »
Thank you Mark for all your years of running this event

Offline Mark Weare

• Administrator
  • Super Bass
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 10:58:41 PM »
Thank you Howie.

A bit more information per the other questions.

Insurance, yes, falls under the shared policy the 5 main trails co-purchase.

In the beginning and for most years, Tremayne and I co-shared the event costs. For the next few, I did it myself and for the last two, we charged an extra $10 to cover the trophies. I still paid the jackets amd embroidery bills. (btw, catching up on those now as we speak)

Moving forward, I can still get the trophies made if the folks  can raise the funds to cover them. If the jackets are still important then some level of sponsorship should be sought and organizers would have to get them done. I usually buy a couple jackets and have them embroidered here locally, depending on jackets $100 to $150 total costs. For my part, I'd be willing to sponsor $75 towards jackets and get you in touch with my embroidery shop, great work at a very reasonable price.

Like I said, I can't do it any more but it does not mean the process has to end if others want to run it in their area each year.

Offline scottw

• Super Bass
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 03:23:10 PM »
I sure SSBM can support the NSBCC when it's in our area.
2011 Stratos 186XT
2011 Mercury Optimax 115
Lowrance Electronics
MK Talon