Author Topic: 2017 Tournament Calendar Up & Running  (Read 481 times)

Offline Mark Weare

• Administrator
  • Super Bass
  • A man just needs to go fishing!!
    • Mark Weare Fishing Site
2017 Tournament Calendar Up & Running
« on: March 06, 2017, 06:01:45 PM »
Now that I am back from my working vacation, I have all of the dates compiled from the NS bass tournament trails, that list can be viewed here at the following link:

http://www.markweare.com/tournie.html

Hope to see some of you on the water this upcoming season!! :)

The First Cast Radio Show www.thefirstcast.com or download from iTunes podcasts

Offline bass bullet

• Super Bass
Re: 2017 Tournament Calendar Up & Running
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 06:06:22 PM »
Even though I am now boatless, still interested to see what is going on this year, and WOW why are SSBM, CASA and BBBA having events on the same days, I thought over the past few years clubs were all trying to work together to ensure no overlapping so teams could fish multiple series....... are we not all getting along nicely anymore......

Offline scottw

• Super Bass
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 08:40:37 PM »
I had heard that one of the clubs put forward their dates at a meeting, and told the group they would not be making any changes to eliminate conflicts. :dontknow:
2011 Stratos 186XT
2011 Mercury Optimax 115
Lowrance Electronics
MK Talon
Team Wilson.... Sponsored by Belliveau-Veinotte CPA Inc.

Offline bass bullet

• Super Bass
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 10:44:48 PM »
much too small a community for that........ accommodating amongst clubs is the way to increase all aspects of all clubs involved.....

Offline scottw

• Super Bass
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 11:07:25 PM »
That's how it went down, so I'm told. 
2011 Stratos 186XT
2011 Mercury Optimax 115
Lowrance Electronics
MK Talon

Offline Mike LaPierre

• Super Bass
    • Tackle Dudes
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 12:38:53 PM »
Until I saw this I didn't realize we had a conflict with SSBM on June 25. Our Grand Lake tournament has always been that weekend it looks like SSBM have changed their date this year, I may have missed the mentioning of this change at the smallmouth meeting. All clubs seem to have conflicts, for instance, AVBC has three conflicts with LSBC. An effort is made by most at the bass meetings to resolve conflicts sometimes conflicts are unavoidable. 

Offline bass bullet

• Super Bass
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 10:31:27 PM »
Hey mike, I know when we were doing dates for AVBC,  lakeside was never a concern as neither of our clubs were making the trek to eithers events purely due to distance. If anyone ever had an issue it was never brought forth.

I have no more involvement but i do feel that the closer the clubs keep in touch the better it should be for all involved.

Offline scottw

• Super Bass
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2017, 03:00:30 PM »
Mike, you have a PM.
2011 Stratos 186XT
2011 Mercury Optimax 115
Lowrance Electronics
MK Talon

Offline Leigh Weare

• Super Bass
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2017, 05:28:50 PM »
Personally I think there's more of an issue holding so many tournaments during prime spawn time then conflicting tourneys.  But hey it's been that way for a while now so why worry about it, right?

Offline shaybag

• Super Bass
    • BINNACLE.COM
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2017, 11:29:53 AM »
Here is how we see it at the BBBA
We do not have an event during the spawn like some other clubs so from May 15 to June 15 we don't fish tourney's.
As for conflicts, in the past few years there have only been  2 SSBM members fish our events
Mark has fished shorts in June and the Wilson's at Morris in the fall  that's it and the valley guys fish on Saturdays so its not a concern.
As for any BBBA member,  I haven't heard of a complaint about our dates conflicting with anyone.
These are the weekends that seem to work for our members if they have a problem or they think we should change the date so they can fish other trails we will defiantly
try and accommodate them next season. If we thought that any other club would come fish our club trail we would try and accommodate them as well but due to the lack of other members from other club attending a BBBA event we see no use in changing our dates. There are only so many Sundays in the summer and we cant make everyone
happy.       

Offline scottw

• Super Bass
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2017, 03:51:57 PM »
Thanks for the explanation, as there was none given by the BBB rep at the meeting.

SSBM has moved their Ponhook tournament from July 9th to avoid a date conflict with BBB, as several BBB members use the SSBM tourney as a prefish for the ABO. It's a little earlier this year; June 11th, but it's the best we could do with our trophy lake restrictions before June 15th, and other later dates already taken.
2011 Stratos 186XT
2011 Mercury Optimax 115
Lowrance Electronics
MK Talon