Author Topic: B1 Done  (Read 130 times)

Offline Mark Weare

• Administrator
  • Super Bass
  • A man just needs to go fishing!!
    • Mark Weare Fishing Site
B1 Done
« on: September 25, 2018, 08:12:59 PM »
Here is the information I posted on Facebook about our B1 for 2018 on Franny.

Leigh and I arrived home safely last evening from our trip to the 2018 Berkley B1 event on Lake St Francis (Franny). It was a week full of ups and downs but we managed to keep things in the upswing mode when it counted the most. Our 24.20 LB bag of bass was the largest on day 2 and it helped us secure a solid 2nd place finish! Congrats to the winners, Mel and Syl.

I have to say that we really enjoyed our time with great fishing friends, shooting the breeze, eating hot fudge sundaes after a hot day, telling fishing stories and mutually enjoying this great sport of ours. We know a lot of special people who share our passion, hard working folks who enjoy putting it all on the line like we do.

On day 2 we started the drive-by weigh-in by taking the lead and the coveted hot seats. We sat there and one by one the teams all came in and we were fortunate enough to be able to stave off their charge for the hot seats. From the hundreds of comments, messages, phone calls and texts, we know that everyone out there truly enjoyed that extraordinarily exciting show and were rooting for us, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Let me share though an insiders view, from the stage and those seats. What an honor and privilege to see those local champions, many of whom who have won that very B1 Franny event, come across that stage and openly share their support for us. To have anglers of that caliber tell the crowd and those of you watching online that they really wanted to see us win and acknowledge our commitment means a lot, I mean a lot! To have other champions show the same support online is equally impressive and humbling.

When you remove all the inevitable politics, the jockeying for favor and position and yes sometimes, the pettiness, you're really left with a large group of folks who just love to fish, to be outdoors, chase a dream and at the end of the day, have their own kind of fun. Don't lose sight of that and don't let the negative overtake the positive, if you do, re-watch that final 10 weigh-in and watch the excitement and sincerity of those proud teams crossing the stage, all class acts!!

Thanks everyone, we really enjoyed it and well, we will try to improve our finish another time :) Thanks too to our great sponsors like Shimano, Gloomis, Jackall, Humminbird, Minn Kota, Mercury Marine, Valley Tire and our families!!!

Some pictures of our weekend, all taken and acknowledged to B1 photographers.

#shimanokeepsyoufishing #shimano #gloomis #jackall #mercurymarine #humminbird #minnkota #talon

The First Cast Radio Show www.thefirstcast.com or download from iTunes podcasts

Offline Mark Weare

• Administrator
  • Super Bass
Re: B1 Done
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 08:14:59 PM »
I know it can be deceiving but in those pictures of our fish from day 2, I am holding two 5.5+ lb bass and Leigh has two 4.5+ lb bass. Our smallest bass that day was 4 lbs.

Offline scottw

• Super Bass
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 12:41:53 PM »
I've noticed that when a fish is flopping while you're holding them and a picture freezes the action, it really does make them look shorter. How long were the bigger ones?
2011 Stratos 186XT
2011 Mercury Optimax 115
Lowrance Electronics
MK Talon
Team Wilson.... Sponsored by Belliveau-Veinotte CPA Inc.

Offline Mark Weare

• Administrator
  • Super Bass
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 03:41:40 PM »
As you can appreciate, you don't play too much with big fish in a tournament, get their weight and tag them if needed. If caught deep, give them 30 mins or so then fizz them, that's it. However, in practice, you check a few and a 17 inch fish will generally be 3 lbs or better, a 5 lber is 19 or 20 inches.

Better get Maaco Hanley Marine - Nova Scotia's High Performance Dealer