Radioworld.ca
Front Harbour Marine Strictly Fish N Tackle

Author Topic: Some Forum Information  (Read 2652 times)

Offline Mark Weare

• Administrator
  • Super Bass
  • A man just needs to go fishing!!
    • Mark Weare Fishing Site
Some Forum Information
« on: May 11, 2008, 05:53:52 PM »
Just to answer a few questions that have come up.

No, I have not set out a complete set of forum guidelines, hoping they will not be needed to be honest. Just a simple few courtesies: NO name calling, NO bashing, NO swearing and NO mean spirited business amongst members. We are all adults here who love to bass fish, as such we all deserve the same respect.

This forum has been set up for us bass anglers and all of our respective clubs should we belong to any. This is not a site where we will bash other species and those who chase them as we respect all fishes and people who choose to angle legally for them using whatever method they choose. We welcome anybody to post but again, these are BASS forums so please bear that in mind. It's not that we don't welcome these topics, I am just being honest and open when I say that these are meant as bass related forums only. There are some great sites out there for general fishing topics within Nova Scotia with a good one being http://www.novascotiafishing.com so you can also look them up. 'Nough said on that  ;D

As a hopeful gathering spot for all members of all the different clubs I just want us to stay informed and as a group in NS have a good positive voice.  You have to admit, access to all this information and all of our clubs/trails under one roof is really a great idea and a great opportunity for all clubs to keep it mixed up plus educate others on what they do.

My personal opinion is simple, I absolutely love to fish for any fish that has some fins attached and currently resides in our waterways. I choose bass more often because of the money I have tied up in gear / boats etc. Since there are so many forums and other sites out there, I just wanted to give back to the community that I personally spend most of my time in and really enjoy, our NS smallmouth bass fishery. Every club serves a different region, a different niche and a different group of anglers. I applaud that and say hooray to all of you running them and fishing them. With the way expenses are headed I am also reasonable enough to see that our futures will most likely reside around more local club only activities. Just getting too expensive to travel everywhere else in the province for possible prizes less than true expenses. I have no problem with that and fully understand that. Like I've honestly said before, the only possible issue I see on the horizon is not enough weekends and hey, we have more than say our Ontario counter-parts for example  ;)

Everyone, lets enjoy the resource, lets enjoy these boards and lets all have a great time fishing.

Best Regards,
Mark Weare
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 03:11:20 PM by Mark Weare »

The First Cast Radio Show www.thefirstcast.com or download from iTunes podcasts

Offline Gary Josey

• Administrator
  • Super Bass
Re: Some Forum Information
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 12:56:18 AM »

Well said Mark, and I'm sure I am not alone in thanking you for providing this forum for our use.

Thanks  8)

Nova Scotia Bass Forums

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 12:56:18 AM »

Offline Rob Blackburn

• Hawg
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 06:35:11 PM »
Well said is right,and no you are not alone Gary. This forum is very usefull,its great to have a spot to talk locally with guys to get some questions answered, also the experience you guys have that you are willing to share is great!! Been very helpfull to me for sure!!!

Rob

Offline Korp

• Bass Fry
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 06:59:28 AM »
Surpising as it may be, I fish smallies as well, you have a nice site(same format as my forums), a lot of good info, knowledgable members, and I appreciate the fact that you guys have such a place to converse among the wise dedicated anglers. Good luck with the forums Mark, and thanks for approving a salmon huggers application.......We don't have to be opposites.....

Better get Maaco Hanley Marine - Nova Scotia's High Performance Dealer